Looking for Cheap Family Things To Do in Gatlinburg TN? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll share some of our favorite activities that won’t break the bank.
Gatlinburg is a popular tourist destination in East Tennessee and it’s easy to see why. The town has so much to offer that you’ll have trouble deciding what to do first! If your family loves adventure and nature, there are plenty of things to do in Gatlinburg. Here are some of my favorite cheap family activities:
Cheap Family Things To Do in Gatlinburg TN:
Gatlinburg Sky Lift Park
The Gatlinburg Sky Lift Park is located on the outskirts of town and is a great place to take pictures of the Smoky Mountains. The park has a variety of rides and attractions including:
- Sky Swing – A swing ride that takes you up to 125 feet in the sky
- Mini Golf – An 18-hole miniature golf course with two courses (one hidden)
- Carousel – A merry-go-round with ponies, horses and pigeons
Tilt-A-Whirl – A circular ride that spins you around at a dizzying pace Ferris Wheel – An old style ferris wheel with views of the park and surrounding area
The Gatlinburg Aquarium is a small aquarium that houses several species of fish, with touch pools for you to pet and learn about their habits. This place is not for those who are looking for an ocean-life experience; instead it’s more like the aquarium at your local zoo! The touch pool has stingrays and other ray-like animals swimming around it so you can get up close and personal with them while they’re feeding on their favorite foods—fish scraps! There’s also an octopus tank full of colorful sea creatures living together peacefully under one roof (and sometimes fighting each other).
The best part about this place? It’s free!
If you’re looking for a quick stop that’s not too pricey, Gatlinburg Aquarium is the place to go. It’s only $3 per person and there are plenty of photo opportunities with all the different sea life.
The Village Shops
The Village Shops is a pedestrian friendly area of Gatlinburg. It has many restaurants and shops, but it also offers an abundance of shopping that can be found in any other city. You’ll find everything you need for your time in Gatlinburg here: groceries, clothing stores, jewelry stores and more! There are plenty of places to eat as well—from fast food chains like McDonald’s or Wendy’s to fine dining establishments like Puckenburger (which serves up delicious burgers) or Kings Highway Bistro (where you can dine on authentic southern dishes).
The best part about The Village Shops is its location—it’s right in the center of town where all your favorite stores cluster together so you don’t have far between them when walking around town looking for something new!
Ripley’s Old MacDonald’s Farm Mini Golf
Mini golf is a great way to spend time with your family. The game can be used as a fun activity for all ages, and it’s easy for everyone to play together.
Mini golf is also a good game for kids because it allows them to get exercise and develop their motor skills in an environment that won’t be too stressful or competitive. If you’re looking for something different than the usual tourist attractions in Gatlinburg, then this mini golf course is worth checking out!
The course is located in the Smoky Mountains and has 18 holes of fun. You can choose from a variety of different games, including black light mini golf which will glow in the dark! If you’re looking to have some fun while you’re visiting Gatlinburg then this course is a great choice.
The Gatlinburg Trail is a 1.9 mile (3 km) hiking trail that starts at the Sugarlands Visitor Center in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The trail loops through several different overlooks and offers beautiful scenery along its way. This is an easy hike for anyone to do, but it’s popular because of its beautiful views and easy access from downtown Gatlinburg!
The trail is an easy hike for anyone to do, but it’s popular because of its beautiful views and easy access from downtown Gatlinburg! It loops through several different overlooks and offers beautiful scenery along its way. This trail is dog friendly.
Gatlinburg Space Needle
The Gatlinburg Space Needle is a rotating restaurant that offers 360 degree views of the Smoky Mountains. The restaurant rotates at a speed of 1 revolution per minute and can be seen from anywhere in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
The Space Needle offers a variety of dishes including burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads and more! You can order food online or get it delivered right to your hotel room before heading out for an adventure in Gatlinburg!
The trail is dog friendly and can be done in less than an hour. It’s a great hike for all ages and fitness levelsThere are many things to do in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. You can go to the Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies or visit Ripley’s Odditorium and see all kinds of crazy stuff. One of the most popular attractions is to take a ride on one of over 2 dozen aerial tramways that will take you up into the mountains where you can enjoy breathtaking views and fresh mountain air!.
Gatlinburg Village Shops
You can spend a good portion of your day in Gatlinburg Village, but there are also many other areas to explore.
- Gatlinburg is an easy place to spend your days and nights. There are so many different things you can do while you’re here that it might be hard to decide what should be on your list of things-to-do!
- If you have kids who like toys and games, then this may not be the best place for them because there aren’t really any stores selling those types of items within walking distance from each other (unless someone has taken over their parents’ house). But if they love puzzles or books about dinosaurs—or anything else that makes them smile—then this place would be perfect for them!
You can also take a shuttle to the trailhead from the Sugarlands Visitor Center. The shuttle is free and runs every 15 minutes from 9am to 5pm.
Gatlinburg Scenic Overlooks
- Gatlinburg Scenic Overlooks
The views are spectacular. You can get up close and personal with the Smoky Mountains, or watch a breathtaking sunset over the mountains as you picnic on your blanket. Some overlooks are wheelchair accessible and pet friendly while others may be stroller friendly.
There are a number of places that you could visit during your time in Gatlinburg, but there is one place that should definitely be at the top of your list. The Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies is an incredible place to spend some time with friends and family! This aquarium features over 4,500 animals from around the world, including sharks, stingrays, jellyfish and even penguinsWe’ve rounded up some of the best overlooks in Gatlinburg for you to enjoy! Gatlinburg Sky Lift and Lumberjack Feud Dinner and Show The Sky Lift will take you up over 5,000 feet in just 9 minutes. Once you get there, step outside and enjoy the breathtaking views of Gatlinburg from above. You can also watch the Lumberjack Feud Dinner & Show while you’re there!!
Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area
Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area is a fun place to visit with your family. Like many other attractions in the area, it features rides for all ages, including a roller coaster and an amusement park ride where you can spin around at high speeds. If you want to experience more than just the rides here, there are plenty of activities available as well:
- Shopping at one of Gatlinburg’s many shops – The shops at this amusement park were built by locals using materials from nearby businesses (such as lumber). Many people come here just because they love these local shops so much!
- Attractions such as Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area are affordable compared to some other similar attractions around town; however if you’re looking for something more luxurious then this may not be right for your budget…but it still offers fun things like roller coasters which will keep everyone entertained!
There are a lot of fun things to do in the area.
There are a lot of fun things to do in the area. Some of them are free, some of them cost money and some can be done for free if you have kids with you.
The most popular activities include:
- The Smokies Railroad – This is a fun ride through the mountains with views of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It costs $28 per adult ticket and reservations are required (they’re accepted up to 4 months in advance). You can also take a bus tour that goes on this same route but not as close to town as taking their train does! It costs $51 per person if purchased online before 3pm on Friday or Saturday; otherwise it’s $55 per person at the gate only when buying tickets there during normal hours (noon-5pm).
If you’re looking for a great family vacation or just want to get out of the house and enjoy some time with the kids, Gatlinburg is the place. With so many attractions and activities available, your vacation will never be boring!